Senior Michael Iannuzzi Looking to Make a Mark in Sneaker Business

Senior Michael Iannuzzi advertises some of his current inventory on his Instagram site, @philadlephiakicks

Ela Ozdem, Staff Writer

One student from Cinnaminson High School stands out with his entrepreneurship. Senior Michael Iannuzzi started his own company, Philadelphia Kicks, in 2017, buying and selling collectible sneakers. 

Iannuzzi’s passion for shoes began when he was in 6th grade and his grandparents got him Lebron 11s for Christmas. He wore them for three years and then waited in line to get Jordan 1 Breds that were re-released by Nike in 2016. 

“I got two pairs for $320 and sold one of them for $380 and kept the other pair to wear,” Mike stated. 

When Iannuzzi sold his first pair it sparked an interest for him that this is something that he would like to pursue.

Walking down the halls, fellow students have probably seen others supporting Mike and wearing his Philadelphia Kicks merch. Mike doesn’t only sell to students here but he also sends his merch to celebrities. 

“I’ve sent shirts to Phillies Right Fielder Bryce Harper, Eagles WR Alshon Jeffery, Disney Channel actress Ciera Riley Wilson, Miami Dolphins LB Tre Watson, Entrepreneur DaveOPhilly, and I am about to send two shirts to Villanova PG Colin Gillespie,” Mike said. 

Iannuzzi’s favorite shoe is the Bred/Banned Jordan. According to Nike legend, Michael Jordan was fined by the NBA for wearing the shoes because it broke uniform code.  However, he made them famous when he wore the red and black Bred/Banned version of the Jordan 1s in some of his famous dunks from the 1985 NBA Dunk Contest.

The shoe certainly has an iconic appeal that has appealed to Iannuzzi.  

“I waited in line in September 2016 for them and they are a classic shoe. I wear them all the time and they have a cool story behind them.”

Iannuzzi’s company can be found on Twitter at @philakicks or on Instagram at @philadelphiakicks