The student news site of Cinnaminson High School

Ship's Log

Ship's Log

Ship's Log

NFL 2023-2024 Championship Round Playoff Predictions

(1) Ravens vs. (3) Chiefs: Sunday, 3:00

This game will feature the Baltimore Ravens and the Kansas City Chiefs. This game seems like it will be down to the last snap. The Chiefs have started to catch their groove and the Ravens finally have been fantastic all season. The Ravens, who had a rocky first half against the Texans, picked it up in the second half winning 34-10. The Chiefs who played the red-hot Buffalo Bills seemed like they were going to overtime until Bills Kickers missed a 44-yard field goal, sending the Chiefs to the AFC championship. With this game, the Raven’s Defense has been in lockdown and it does not seem like any team can put up big offensive numbers. Alongside the Chief’s defense who have been great, this looks like it will be a low-scoring game and we believe this game will be decided in the final seconds.

Final Prediction: Ravens 23, Chiefs 17

(1) 49ers vs. (3) Lions: Sunday, 6:30

This Sunday the Detroit Lions are heading to Santa Clara to face off against the San Francisco 49ers for the NFC championship. This is a familiar spot for San Francisco, as they have made the NFC Conference Championship the 2 seasons before this as well. On the other hand, the Lions are in foreign territory as they haven’t made it past the divisional round in over 30 years, and have never been to the Superbowl since its creation in 1967. In the divisional round the 49ers edged out the Packers by one score to advance, and the Lions prevailed over the Buccaneers in their matchup. The 49ers channeled most of their offense in their matchup through running back Christian McCaffery, who rushed 17 times for 98 yards, but also got 7 receptions. Fortunately for the Lions, their defense allowed the 3rd least yards per carry, and allowed the 2nd least rushing yards over the course of the season. Jared Goff and the Lions offense, who have been on fire this post season will need to face an elite 49ers defense that boasts a top 2 linebacker group, a top pass rush, and great secondary. Despite a few close calls, neither team has had a turnover this postseason. This game is going to come down to how well the defenses are able to stop the offense. The 49ers will look to disrupt the Lions passing attack, while the Lions will try to shut down their opponent’s best player in Christian McCaffrey. Despite being the underdog, we have the Lions just barely coming out on top in a close matchup where the Lions ability to control the ball, and Brock Purdy’s tendencies for turnovers ultimately put Detroit on top.

Final Prediction: Lions 27, 49ers 24