5-0 CHS Girls’ Lacrosse Team One of Only 14 Teams Still Unbeaten in Entire State of New Jersey

Junior Caroline Bailey is second on the team in goals scored for the Pirates this season

Liam Wharton, Staff Writer

With the Cinnaminson Girls Lacrosse team off to a 5-0 start, the team has eclipsed the best start for the girls in the last ten years and are looking to create memories as the best CHS girls’ lacrosse team ever.

Currently, the girls stand as only one of 14 teams in the entire state of New Jersey that is still undefeated.  Within the victories are some important wins for the program, including defeating Delran, 6-5, after losing to the Lady Bears three times last season.   The big test for the team will be facing Holy Cross on April 25 and May 2 and Rancocas Valley (RV) on May 7.  The Pirates have not beaten RV in five years and have been on the other end of some one-sided games in that time frame.

But things look to be different this year Within their first five games, they have had some impressive statistics. The girls have averaged
12.4 goals per game, and they have only let up on average 6 goals per game. The team’s
leading scorers so far are sophomore Grace Frasso with 24 goals and 5 assists, junior Caroline
Bailey with 15 goals and 6 assists, and sophomore Molly Barkley with 11 goals and 2 assists.

Senior co-captain and midfielder Hope Addlesberger has had a nice positive outlook on how their
season has been going so far.

“I think our season has been going really well. We’re 5-0 right now which is good. We’re really focusing on defense at practice, trying to make our defense stronger. It has been paying off so far.”

Addlesberger has a couple of different goals she wishes to have by the end of the season.

“Hopefully we win the division, I really want us to keep our win streak going and kust improve as
a whole throughout the season.”

Addlesberger has many different thoughts for the different parts of her team.

“I think our defense is the strongest aspect of our game because we’ve been focusing on it so much. Everyone has been improving a lot because we all work together to make a stop. Also, (junior) Caroline Bailey and (sophomore) Grace Frasso are our leading scorers, and we can always count on them if we need a quick goal,” Addlesberger said.

Senior captain Roxanne Wesley has some thoughts towards the leadership on her team.

“Having four captains allows my teammates to have a variety of people to talk to and come to.
Two of the captains play on the circle, I am the low attack captain and Julia Buono is the
defensive captain. This works out great because we have captains at every section of the field.”

Wesley also has a goal for herself this season.

“I want to lead the team this season in assists.  I want to lead in this statistic because I think it shows that I was a threat when I had the ball because it shows that I was always looking for an outlet pass to score the goal.”

In addition to the leadership of the three aforementioned captains, junior Caroline Bailey brings her dependable scoring touch as the fourth co-captain to the team.  However, espite having many older, influential players on the team, Wesley has noticed that freshman Allison McAneney has made an immediate impact to their team.

“Allison McAneney is a freshman starter, and I believe that she has really helped out with our transition game, as she is good with moving the ball up the field and is contributing to our team scoring goals,” Roxanne said.

The team will be back in action next Monday when it visits 4-3 Northern Burlington for a key BCSL game and it looks to continue its march toward the playoffs in Central Jersey Group 2 where the team currently sits.