Senior Kamron Kobolak Leaving Mark as Greatest of All-Time in Burlington County

Montage of senior Kamron Kobolak’s experience at the New Balance Nationals – posing for 5th (top); his crown and medal (bottom left); in the circle for fifth (bottom right)

Craig Turner, Staff Writer

Senior Kamron Kobalak has been a name often heard around Cinnaminson High School in the last four years and especially as of late. Kobalak has earned a ton of accolades to take with him after graduation. During this senior winter track season alone, he set a record for the farthest shot put throw in Burlington County history with the fourth-longest indoor throw in history of South Jersey, and last but not least, his throw was 22nd-longest in the history of New Jersey.

Kamron competed in 12 competitions during the indoor season of 2017-2018 in three states – New Jersey, Pennsylvania and New York, winning eight of those competitions, including the Central Jersey Group 2 championship and the NJ State Group 2 championship.   He finished second twice to a thrower from Delsea (NJ) in competitions and finished third at the New Jersey Meet of Champions against all throwers in NJ, public or private.  He was named All-South Jersey at the South Jersey track and Field Coaches banquet on Tuesday, March 13 and was in consideration for the South Jersey Track Athlete of the Year.

However, his best finish was at the New Balance Nationals on March 10 where Kamron finished  fifth, earning All-American status.  Seeded eighth, Kamron threw 62′ 6.75″ to finish behind throwers from Oklahoma, Tennessee, Indiana and Georgia.  Kamron defeated the top thrower from NJ, CJ Licata, whom he had never defeated before in competition prior.

To say that it was an unbelievable way to end the season might be overstating it, but his accomplishment spoke highly about how far he has come from a 9th grader who did not even get a varsity letter during his first spring season.

When asked about his experience at Nationals, Kamron said, “Nationals is completely different from anything I’ve ever done.”

Despite this showcase being somewhat unfamiliar to him, he finished fifth and was only the second-ever kid from Cinnaminson to achieve All-American status and the first since 1991.

“It’s a pretty good feeling, it’s been one of my goals. I never thought, but I’d actually be able to do that,” Kamron commented.

He is not only known for his athletic abilities but for his hard-work in the classroom. His teachers and coaches always speak very highly of him. Cinnaminson Winter Track Head Coach and Assistant Spring Coach Charles Kind who has been Kobalak’s event coach and mentor for the last four years, spoke highly of Kamron.

“(Kamron’s) work ethic when it comes to track is tireless, and almost insatiable,” Mr. Kind said.

Kamron’s hard work has paid off in his years here at CHS and he credits a lot of it to his coach.

“I’ve had a great coaching staff for the last four years, specifically Mr. Kind. Without him most of this wouldn’t be possible” said Kobalak.

In November, Kamron sealed his college plans with the signing of his National Letter of Intent to Rutgers University where he will continue his academic and athletic career, throwing in the Big 10 competitions against teams like Penn State, Ohio State and Michigan.