New Teacher Feature – Jon Repece, Business and DECA

From Staff Reports

This year, the Ship’s Log will be running a brief feature on all new teachers and educational staff.  We have tried to pare down the information about the staff member and are including all the pertinent information about that staff member that he/she has shared with us.

Name – Jon Repece

Subject Taught – Business Teacher and DECA/Student Store Advisor

Grades Taught – 9-12

College Alma Mater(s) – Rowan University – Class of 2004

1. What is your background and experience in education prior to coming to CHS?

I’ve spent the past 9 years as a Business Technology Teacher/Co-Op Coordinator at Camden County Technical Schools – Pennsauken Campus.  I am currently the Varsity Girls Volleyball coach (six years) and was the Varsity Baseball (seven years) and Girls Basketball (five years) coach as well.  I was also voted Teacher of the Year during the ’14-15 school year.

1. What made you come to CHS?

It was an opportunity I just couldn’t pass up.  I know the district has a fantastic reputation for having great schools and I wanted to be a part of that.  Also, with all of the renovations and upgrades being made to the high school, it was the perfect time to challenge myself as a teacher and show how much pride and spirit I can bring to CHS.

1. What do you have to offer to the students of CHS?

Along with my 9 years of teaching/coaching experience, I plan on bringing a ton of enthusiasm and passion to the classroom and to our DECA program.  I’ve heard all about how much spirit CHS has and I can’t wait to take part in all of the different activities throughout the year!

1. What drove you to become a teacher?

Summers and holidays off – haha I’m kidding!  I just love interacting with kids.  I’m a people person who enjoys life to the fullest and passing along whatever knowledge I can in the process is an added bonus.  I really like to build a good rapport with students and be a role model/mentor to them.

1. Outside of teaching what are your interests?

MY FAMILY!!!  My beautiful wife Sarah, our 3 month old son Tanner and our black lab Opie moved to Cinnaminson three years ago and plan on being here for many more years.  I also do CrossFit to challenge myself and stay in shape and am a HUGE Philadelphia sports fan.  Go Birds!!

6.       Is there anything else about you that we should know?

I’m a big-time Michigan State Spartans fan and I graduated from Delran High School, but please don’t hold that against me!