Mr. Henshaw Joins Science Staff for 2016

Michael Zelinka

Mr. Henshaw joins the CHS staff in the science department.

Marissa Porrini, Staff Writer

To start off 2016, a new teacher, Mr. Joseph Henshaw, has joined the science department at Cinnaminson High School. He started teaching and learning in Mrs. Lohan’s room but this month, he is teaching environmental science all on his own.

Prior to his career at CHS, Mr. Henshaw studied environmental science at Wilkes College located in Wilkes-Barre, PA. Upon graduation, he began to pursue his dream of teaching environmental science.

“I grew up in science. My father was a science teacher at Saint Joseph’s High School (in Hammonton) and the lessons started when I was four years old. From there, it was all just interest. I fell in love with it,” Mr. Henshaw said.

Although some may think the ongoing construction may be difficult to deal with, especially since this is Henshaw’s first job teaching, he has already grown accustomed to the changes happening at CHS.

“I haven’t been here for long, but so far I’m loving it. The students are great as well as the science/lab rooms,” Henshaw continued. “I pick up on things very easily. Teaching science and learning my way around the school just becomes part of my nature.”

The students and staff here are very excited to what Mr. Henshaw has to offer, and it seems he is already fitting in comfortably among staff who already knew of him.  Mrs. Hyland, of the CHS ELA department, proudly attended Saint Joseph’s High School and was taught by Mr. Henshaw’s father during her days as an undergrad.