Taylor Swift Tweets Out Her Love for CHS’s “Shake It Off” Lip Dub

Megan Morris

Taylor Swift tweets out the One Shake Lip Dub made on Pride Day.

Megan Morris, Editor-in-Chief

Last Friday, June 5, the Advanced TV Production class organized the second-ever school-wide one “shake” lip dub that Cinnaminson High School has seen set to the song “Shake It Off” by well-known singer-song writer Taylor Swift.

Following the trend that started three years ago with “Project X,” the goal of the TV Production class was to make this an ongoing tradition. The goal is to have every freshmen class be in the lip dub and by their senior year, make their own video.

So, on Pride Day, the entire school went to their assigned positions and prepared for the video.

The Advanced TV class had gone over the course countless times but never had to control 700 kids while practicing.

With only one practice run, TV Production teacher Mr. Wilson and the main crew believed it was time.

Starting in the back TV room and ending in senior court with the whole CHS student body and staff, the video went better than planned.

The video was up online by the end of the day and views started pouring in.

Earlier today the view count was around 5,500, then the unimaginable happened – Taylor Swift tweeted out the video saying “I love you, Cinnaminson High School!”  Yes, the seven-time Grammy winner and artist who has won well over 200 major musical awards tweeted at Cinnaminson High School just after 6:00 p.m.

Within five hours, the video count had gone up by nearly 10,000 views.  By Wednesday morning, approximately 14 hours after the tweet from Swift, the views had soared to over 70,000.

Class members and students tweeted Taylor with the link to the video but never expected her to actually respond, since she probably receives millions of tweets per day.

Advanced TV member Charlotte Day Smith admitted that she was “one of the people that doubted the project” and claimed that it was because she was “scared to be under so much pressure to live up to Project X.”

Morgan Gares, the main producer of this One Shake, was at work when she received the news of Taylor Swift’s tweet. “I’m sitting in the back of Rita’s (where I work) shaking and cannot talk to customers because of my heart rate.”

“Project X” sits on YouTube with 47,712 views and will forever be remembered as the first-ever, one-take lip dub. The “One Shake” lip dub will not outshine Project X but has already earned stories from 6ABC News, Billboard Magazine and the Local CBS stations.  By Wednesday morning, Ship’s Log and CHS almunae, Kelley (Kramer) O’Neill, a producer for “Fox and Friends,” had landed a segment for the video and love on the Fox national news broadcast.

The man behind Advanced TV Production, Mr. Wilson, was in awe of the attention.

“It is absolutely unreal, and just like the ‘Working for the Weekend,’ experience, it is all about ‘right place, right time.’  The stars aligned and now an amazing group of kids (and an amazingly supportive district) are reaping the rewards,” Mr. Wilson said.

The producers of One Shake should be extremely proud of this accomplishment. Swift has 38.8 million followers on Twitter so  for her to respond to a video that approximately 100 people tweeted to her is extremely rare.

Congratulations to the Advanced TV class one their One Shake accomplishment of Taylor Swift’s “Shake it Off.”